Welcome to Youth Ministers Kaleide

Please feel free to browse our many lessons and recently added section Sr. Edwina Etiquette.
Comments are welcome and we hope you enjoy.

Intro

Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ! Please allow me to tell you a little about myself and how I became addicted to this roller coaster of passion that encompasses my love for Catholic Youth Ministry.

My first taste of ministry was when I was barely a teen. Out of desperation, several over extended adults, tagged ME as a teacher’s aide in a summertime program.

The first time I was assigned to give a lesson. I researched, studied, worried and almost threw up. If I remember right…there were less than 10 people in the class. It took everything I had to stand in front of my peers and share my love for Christ. From that experience, I learned that if you are willing to take a leap of faith, God will bless your efforts and allow something beautiful to come out of it.

Thus, it was from my ignorance, a simple “yes” and a leap of faith, that at the tender age of 16, I began my career in Youth Ministry.

It is through our weakness, that we are made strong. With that in mind, bear with me as I share my heart and the little I know. I encourage you to share your ideas, dreams and yes, even your mistakes with me. Together we can create a ministry that will set hearts on fire and spread the passion of Christ throughout the world.

If you’re new to this roller coaster, beware it’s not for the spineless, Those of you who are seasoned veterans will understand when I say, “There have been single days, when I’ve gone from the top of a mountain to the barren valley and back again, totally emptied, yet mercifully filled”. So climb into the rail car and join me on this noisy, yet exciting journey. Let your spiritual eyes be opened and see why the Hebrew people honored God with the powerful name of Elohim.

0 comments: